Have you ever desired or dreamed about a designer handbag? You probably saw it in a catalogue, online store or boutique. Finally the day arrives when you make the purchase for that Burberry or Prada handbag. You feel a sense of elation as you see it displayed in your room.
However, you have a little concern regarding your new designer handbag. This anxiety has been further heightened by recent news you have seen on the television or read in the papers. You might have even heard some of your friends express their concerns when you went out window shopping. The fear that your next designer handbag could be a fake!
That just makes me sick. Like you, I love buying only authentic, original stuff. Despite the fact that there has been an influx of knockoff designer bags that look so similar to authentic designer bags, there a few facts that will help you with your next designer handbag purchase.
1. I would advise you to first of all look out for an authenticity card. Many designers like Fendi, Burberry, Gucci and Prada include authenticity cards with their merchandise. These cards have simple information that is clear to see. Details about your designer handbag such as the model number plus a magnetic strip or bar code. If the designer handbag you purchased has an inside pocket, you will find your authenticity card in there.
2. Furthermore, some Fendi designer handbags come with their authenticity cards packaged in a sealed foil bag. You will find Prada enclose their cards in small individual envelopes with the Prada logo at the front. You will discover that one is similar to a Credit Card with a magnetic strip on the back and Prada written on the front. The other card has the item details plus the style number.
3. Any fashion item with a designer label is expensive due to the value that has been built into the name of that designer over a couple of years. Just the name of a designer leaves a certain impression in our minds. When I say Gucci Indy handbag, what springs to your mind. Cheap, ordinary and tasteless? Absolutely not! You imagine a woman with style, wealth and sophistication carrying a designer bag that attracts envious stares and regular complements. A woman who is not afraid to be the center of attention. Therefore, if the designer handbag you want to buy is at a price that looks to good to be true, then it probably is.
4. You will find that most authentic designer handbags have a signature logo on them. Authentic Prada handbags have a triangle metal logo attached to the front or side of their handbags. Real Fendi bags have the signature twin ‘F’ logo splashed across the handbag. Burberry has the signature plaids with a brown background. Gucci have the signature G splashed all over their bags. If you notice a designer handbag with a funny looking logo, then this should immediately flash a red flag in your mind.
5. As your authentic designer handbag collection grows, you will notice that most designer handbags will have their signature brand name monogram lining. This is true for Louis Vuitton handbags, Gucci purses, Prada handbags and Fendi purses. This is just a way for the designers to differentiate their merchandise from their competitors.
6. This designer monogram is woven into the fabric. You cannot find this with fake luxury bags. The linings are always smooth, silky and in some cases are even satin. The color of the lining depends on the outer color of the handbag and they always compliment each other. The lining on fake bags is usually a stiff fabric and no attention to detail is paid to the lining.
7. Finally, if you are buying a bag from a downtown roadside shop, then do not expect an authentic designer handbag. If the designer handbag is as cheap as chips, then do not expect to get an authentic designer handbag. If there is no logo to show that you are a buying a designer leather handbag or designer purse from Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Fendi or Burberry then you are definitely buying a fake.
While an original designer bag is not cheap, consider it an investment that will stand the test of time and make you the center of attention wherever you go.